woensdag 16 maart 2011

Five organic textile designers I like

Hi there! Hope you're having a good week so far. As you may have noticed, I'm getting a bit more focus on this blog and you may spot some differences to the design as well. That's because I'm getting so inspired by Holly's blogging e-course.

Today I present you Five Organix Textile Designers I Like. Hope you enjoy them. Let me know in the comments what you think of organic textiles and if you like my selection.
Ink&Spindle is a boutique texile studio located in Melbourne, Australia. The owners design and screen print all the textiles by hand in an ethical and sustainable manner. They use water based, solvent free inks, and print onto organic cotton and hemp blend fabrics.
We stay down under with Clothfabric, a small independent fabric company based in Sydney. They make and design furnishing fabric (and recently also for sewing) screen printed by hand. They work with hemp, linen and organic cotton and use water based, non toxic inks and dyes. I really like the furniture they make using vintage furniture, their own fabric and found materials.
 
Jenna Fenwick is the lady behind the Jenna rose textile studio. Jenna illustrates each design by hand, drawing inspiration from daily life. Each piece is screen-printed in house using non-toxic water-based pigments and natural and organic materials.

INK+WIT is an eco-conscious design brand based in Upstate New York. Tara Hogan not only develops textiles but also sustainable stationery. I love her towels that can also be used as wall hangings!



I blogged already about them here and they could not miss out in this post. Bookhou is a constant source of inspiration to me. Arounna's texile designs are gorgeous, handprinted on hemp and organic cotton.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Janneke,
    thanks so much for sharing this. I found some new designers by that. Great... And I know the work behind putting together such lists. Just did one myself in BYW ;-)

    See you in class.

    Tesca

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I liked these items very much! Such lovely things, and you did a great job reviewing them! I want all those things now! :-)

    (I'm from BYW class, too) xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hallo Janneke,

    Ik heb net even je blog zitten bekijken. Ik volg op dit moment ook de BYW. Super leerzaam en inspirerend.

    Fijne avond nog, groetjes van Mirjam

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hoi Janneke, je blog ziet er fantastisch uit. Kom via via zomaar even kijken. Fijne week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen