maandag 3 januari 2011

Marimekko

A bit late, but I only discover now the 'Holiday Fabric' of Marimekko. Marimekko is a Finnish textile and clothing design company. They design and manufacture clothing, interior decoration textiles, bags and other accesories. I noticed their distinctive and recognizable style while in Copenhagen two years ago. These new textiles look very African to me. The colours and patterns remind me of African 'tissue'. And African cloth reminds me of Cameroon, of sun, of grilled fish and fresh mango juice... Oh well, just trying to find a way though these first drowsy January days ;) How are you getting along?






{photos: Marimekko}

Een beetje laat, maar ik ontdekte pas gisteren de 'Vakantiestof' van Marimekko. Marimekko is een Fins bedrijf dat textiel en kleding ontwerpt. Ze ontwerpen en maken kleding, interieurtextiel, tassen en andere accessoires. Ik maakte kennis met hun hun onderscheidende en herkenbare stijl toen ik twee jaar geleden in Kopenhagen was. Deze nieuwe textielreeks ziet er heel Afrikaans uit vind ik. De kleuren en patronen doet me denken aan typisch Afrikaanse stof. En Afrikaanse stof doet me denken aan Kameroen, aan zon, gegrilde vis en vers mangosap ... Tja, je moet toch iets om die eerste druilerige januaridagen door te komen? :) Hoe doen jullie dat?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten